Thursday, December 14, 2017

Advent 2- Mary letter 11

Do not fret because of the wicked;
   do not be envious of wrongdoers,
for they will soon fade like the grass,
   and wither like the green herb.


Trust in the Lord, and do good;
   so you will live in the land, and enjoy security.
Take delight in the Lord,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Commit your way to the Lord;
   trust in him, and he will act.
He will make your vindication shine like the light,
   and the justice of your cause like the noonday.


Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him; do not fret over those who prosper in their way,
   over those who carry out evil devices.


Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath. Do not fret—it leads only to evil. For the wicked shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.


Yet a little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look diligently for their place, they will not be there. But the meek shall inherit the land, and delight in abundant prosperity.Psalm 37


Dear Mama,

We made it here to overnight with Miriam and Amos. They are very kind and offered us food and a soft place to sleep. I found the walking very exhausting and rode on the burro several times, although there were many places that were too rough for riding. The baby moved so much when we were jostling along that I thought it might be bad for him, but everything seems okay for him. Not so much for me.

I woke up this morning and was very sick. Miriam told Joseph to fetch some water and she tended to me. She listened to my belly and assured me that the baby was fine. She thinks I am just exhausted and overwhelmed by the preparation and traveling. We will stay here at least another night, although by midday I was feeling much better. She made me some soup which was delicious. When we told her we thought we could go tonight, Miriam stood up and nearly shouted at us. "She isn't going anywhere!", she said. We had a good laugh later, thinking that no general could be more commanding than Miriam. She may be elderly but she is strong and fierce. Amos also laughed and told us that if we knew what was good for us, we would follow her instructions!

Tomorrow, before we travel, Mama, she is going to have the wise women come and check me just to make sure everything is fine. She suspects that the baby is coming sooner than we thought. I told her I was planning on being home with my Mama when he arrives. She smiled and said, "we shall see." I don't know whether to trust her or be weary, but we are in her hands! I will keep you posted.

Please give my love to Papa. I miss you both so very much!

love,

Mary

No comments: