Thursday, September 14, 2017

God So Loved the World


Jesus said, “Very truly, I tell you, we speak of what we know and testify to what we have seen; yet you do not receive our testimony. If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.
“Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.” John 3:11-17

God So  Loved the World

Oh tender little one when you began
I held you in my hands and marveled
I wept at your beauty and perfection
and you cried in need with all your breath.

I watched over you in the night time
snuck in while you slept to check
put my face close to yours smiling
you never knew how close I was.

You grew into a beauty and intellect
you pushed back against rules and time
I watched as you found you voice
I hovered as you bent from many mistakes.

This tender creation always breaks my heart
you run far from the love that created you
thinking your strength and beauty is yours alone
unaware of the tender mercies afforded you.4



No comments: