Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas 2016-17 Mary Letter Day 37


Jesus said to Thomas, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said to Jesus, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it.” John 14:6-14


Dear Auntie,

Learning to be parents is a challenge at times. We find ourselves wondering whether we are doing the right things for this little one. Without family around, close family, I feel adrift at times. Joseph does too although he rarely shows it. The wise women are very helpful but also too nonchalant. They seems to think we're doing fine but we both get sweaty and nervous when he cries. Sometimes my milk doesn't seem enough to fill him and other times it overwhelms him! How strange this role that has been from beginning of time - parents - should be so challenging and frightening. We feel so responsible and often inadequate. I miss Mama terribly. She would know what to say to comfort me.

We are almost ready to return home which gladdens my heart. I think of how troublesome and stubborn I was at times towards Mama and Papa and now see how much they have done for Joseph and for me. They protected us from the worst of our village and kept us safe until we went on our journey. There is nothing I can give them that would make up for all their kindnesses. Maybe this little bundle will bring them the joy they truly deserve. We are trying to get as much sleep as possible so we are strong for our travels. We are well supplied with food from all the kind gifts we have received. I only pray that God will guide us each step of the way and bring us safely home.

With so much love,

Mary

No comments: