Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Christmas 2016-17 Mary Letter Day 36

So again Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand, who is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. The hired hand runs away because a hired hand does not care for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.” John 10:7-17

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

the weather was milder yesterday and the anxiety we had about the government seeking us out seems to be over. That is what everyone has told us so we ventured outside. He loved going to the market and seeing so many people. He also loved the noise and the music that seemed to be everywhere. A very remarkable thing happened as we were sitting and having a little snack. A small lamb wandered over and got very close to the baby. I was afraid and wanted to snatch him up, but Joseph held me back. The little lamb came right up to Jesus, nose to nose, and the baby smiled. He reached out and touched the lamb ever so gently as if he was blessing him. They spent a few minutes looking at each other, then the lamb was called and rejoined the flock and the shepherd. Joseph thinks he might have a future as a shepherd!

We are making plans to return home in four or five days. The wise women want me to heal more but think I might be ready for the journey by the end of the week. The hover over me as if I were some important woman, although I imagine they like to hover over new mothers while the coo at the baby and play with him. Have you noticed how people just ignore parents and go right for the baby? It is as if babies send out a signal so large that no one can ignore it. We have been blessed with such a happy child! I am so grateful since while we were out I saw several weary mothers with crying infants, ones that seem not to be comforted. Well, this little one seems to provide comfort and comfort himself as well. I am so blessed!

Well, I will get back to my packing and supplies. We picked up many things in the market to take with us. Joseph think we might need an extra donkey just to cart all of this home!

With so much love,

Mary


No comments: