Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas 2016 Mary Letter Day 33


Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” Then the Pharisees said to him, “You are testifying on your own behalf; your testimony is not valid.” Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is valid; for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. In your law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is valid. I testify on my own behalf, and the Father who sent me testifies on my behalf.” Then they said to him, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” John 8:12-19

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

We have had to be careful about going out during the day since there are still threats against young baby boys. But we seem to never be alone. People find us and come with gifts and good words. They are grateful to be here with us, if just for a time. Over and over, strangers thank us for bringing the light into the world. They tell us how needed this light, this little child is in our world. How can they know the dreams we have had, or know what God has in mind for this child?  And yet they seem to, and the stranger they are, the further they have come, the more convicted and grateful they are!

I have gotten word from Mama and Papa. Thank you for relaying information to them. Mama gushed in her letter and wants to come right away but we have cautioned her since that would alert they authorities to our location. We have to be even more careful now than we did at home. If I live to 100 I will never understand politicians and rulers with their need for complete control and power. I have seen, just in these past few days, what real power. love and light look like - those things are right here in this most humble place, in this manger made into a crib, in this remote and shadowy shelter - here is the power of love made flesh. The world would be a better place if leaders would only be humble and serve rather than oppress and subjugate others. This little baby boy has so much to teach us!

Well, I best be getting my sleep. The wise women are threatening to stay with us around the clock since they don't believe I am taking care of myself well enough. I feel fine!

much love,

Mary

No comments: