Monday, December 7, 2015

Mary Letters - Day 9

Jesus said to his disciples, "Be dressed for action and have your lamps lit; be like those who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the master finds alert when he comes; truly I tell you, he will fasten his belt and have them sit down to eat, and he will come and serve them.
And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and prudent manager whom his master will put in charge of his slaves, to give them their allowance of food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master will find at work when he arrives. Truly I tell you, he will put that one in charge of all his possessions." Luke 12:35-37,42-44

Dear Auntie,

Last night some folks in our village through rocks at our house. Our neighbors did this, can you believe it? Well, it means we are on our way tonight, under cover of darkness, Joseph and I will slip out and hope nobody sees. Maybe they will leave Momma and Daddy alone then. We are to go just an hour or so away and spend the night. This place is crazy with all the packing and the preparation. No one seems to notice me until I get in the way. They just ell me to go to my room .

Auntie, I said yes to God, I really did and I really meant it. But it is so hard to deal with the people around me who want to believe but don't really. They think I am a problem to solve. They think we humans can comprehend what to do. This is God's work, so I am readying myself for whatever comes my way. I wish I was surrounded by a little more faith and a lot less judgement.

Aunt Elizabeth, I am hoping our journey will bring us back by way of your home. I always find rest and restoration in your presence. I've asked Joseph if we can't visit on our return home and he thinks that's a good idea. So until then hold me close in your prayers. I will need them every minute.

Love

Mary

No comments: