Saturday, June 13, 2015

Authority


One day, as Jesus was teaching the people in the temple and telling the good news, the chief priests and the scribes came with the elders and said to him, "Tell us, by what authority are you doing these things? Who is it who gave you this authority?" He answered them, "I will also ask you a question, and you tell me: Did the baptism of John come from heaven, or was it of human origin?" They discussed it with one another, saying, "If we say, 'From heaven,' he will say, 'Why did you not believe him?' But if we say, 'Of human origin,' all the people will stone us; for they are convinced that John was a prophet." So they answered that they did not know where it came from. Then Jesus said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things." Luke 20:1-8 

Authority
I dreamed many dreams last night
saw my mother in my dreams as a first
since she passed I have been wandering
wondering which direction I might go.

Last night I dreamed of my toddler
soft hand in mine sweet milk breath
all my daughters in one little child
took my hand and led me out.

Last night the sun set over the rocks
ancient faces carved into their tops
shadows of invitation from ancestors
keep going, keep searching, we go too.

Love is my compass and my authority
I am guided by Divine and human love
surrounded by witnesses of every age
pushing me forward and I am not alone.

No comments: