Saturday, January 3, 2015

Mary Letter - Day 34 - Good Shepherd


So again Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand, who is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away - and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. The hired hand runs away because a hired hand does not care for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again." John 10:7-17 


Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

Those wonderful shepherds came to visit again. They heard of our troubles yesterday and wanted to make sure that we were safe and comfortable.  They truly understand how important this little one is and want to make sure he is safe at all times. They had heard of the inquiries about a new king born and made sure they sent them in another direction, away from us. Whenever I get discouraged God reminds us that we are surrounded by love and care. After a day like yesterday it was a necessary and helpful thing to be reminded we are not alone.

I wish I could show you this little boy! I am sure John is wonderful too. I hope some day they can play together and be great friends. Jesus grasped for every hand that comes around and looks ar people with the sweetest countenance.  I know you could teach me so much about baby care and what to expect next. The local women have been very kind and helpful. I am just missing you, Momma and all my aunties. Somehow with a baby now, I need other women so much more. 

love

Mary
 

No comments: