Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mary Letter - Day 9 - Signs


 ‘There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on the earth distress among nations confused by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will faint from fear and foreboding of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see “the Son of Man coming in a cloud” with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to take place, stand up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.’  Luke 21:25-28

Dear Auntie,

I am writing you from about a mile from my parents' house. We set out in the middle of the night so we could get out of town before the baby comes. The was lovely on our way, making our path clear. The night was dark enough so that we could make some distance before daybreak. Now we are resting under a huge tree, having a light breakfast and waiting for the heat of the day to pass. We will travel again in the late afternoon for a short time. I don't last very long riding, so much swaying and bumping! It makes me sick to my stomach. Walking too is tiring also. Joseph is very fearful for me and for the baby. He always looks so concerned but he doesn't say too much. I'm sure Momma and Papa gave him so many instructions that he is terribly anxious. I know I am.

Momma and Papa cried as we left. They hope we will return before the baby comes. I am not sure I can last that long. They think by the time we get back, people will back off from us since we are married. They might cluck their tongues but we hope things will subside.

This is my first trip away from home. How different each little parcel of land is! So many little houses, some similar to our and some not like ours at all. Last night there were shepherds out on the hills with their sheep. The ones awake waves to us and wished us well. Maybe that is what everyone does. It seemed so nice. Having never traveled I don't know what to expect. Joseph has traveled so little that he is very little help. All the signs along the way seem to indicate we are doing the right thing. I wonder but am trusting that God has a plan for us in the coming days.

Love

Mary

No comments: