Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mary Letter - Day 23 -A Pilgrimage


Before I ventured forth,even while I was very young, I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language, and with it will I offer praise to God.
Canticle:  A Song of Pilgrimage
Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16, 20b-22

Dear Auntie Elizabeth,

I had promised to write every day! I am so sorry! When we got to the outskirts of Bethlehem, the crowds were overwhelming. I couldn't believe it, there was so much jostling, pushing and shoving as we got close to the edge of the city. I got very sick then and Joseph had to to find us somewhere to stay for the night. He thought maybe the baby was coming but maybe it was just exhaustion. I couldn't lift my head for the pounding and I slept for hours. I finally felt like eating this morning, but we have lost a whole day. I am so ashamed! I feel so fragile and I know I am not. Today we will set out and secure a place in Bethlehem so that Joseph can take care of his business. It may take longer than we planned on.

I ask that you all pray for me. I am feeling very vulnerable and sad. Maybe because I am so far from Momma, or maybe it is the length of this journey. I never expected we'd be gone so long. I just want to get home to have this baby! I am so scared right now and wishing God would make me stronger. 

All my love,

Mary

No comments: