Friday, December 12, 2014

Mary Letter -Day 12 -Lead Me And Guide Me





 In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
  Incline your ear to me; make haste to deliver me.
 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for you are my crag and my stronghold; 
 for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me.
Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, 
 for you are my tower of strength.
Into your hands I commend my spirit, 
 for you have redeemed me,
O LORD, O God of truth. Psalm 31



Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

This has been a good day for the most part. Miriam and her husband Daniel have been very kind to both of us. Daniel has kept Joseph very busy with all sorts of projects. It was like he had been waiting for Joseph to come and had the list already made up! It does make Joseph feel good to use his skills and to be so useful. Daniel praises him a good deal and Joseph has been smiling more than in many days. Some woman came to visit Miriam today. The woman Rachel, who examined me yesterday was with them. I was afraid she was going to make me undress again but she just laid her hands on my belly. She was very gentle and kind and assured me that all was well and that I was healing well. They let me get u[ and sit with the women. Most of them were older than I am but we talked and laughed together while the men worked.

Elizabeth, I know we have to get on the road but I am surely enjoying the comfort and protection of this place.It has none of the anxiety, tears and worry that were everywhere at home. I felt vulnerable all the time and we were all exhausted. I am so grateful to have been led to this place, despite the fact that we came here bleeding and terrified. It feels like a stronghold, a safe place to hide for a bit. Tonight, after supper, we sat outside in their courtyard, which is surrounded by rocky hills and listen to some young men play music in the distance. It was a sweet moment of relaxation. We have a long road ahead so tonight was like a little gift. Calm in the midst of storm. Please keep praying, as I know you do. Everyday brings challenges and blessings, sometimes more than I am able to handle.

love,

Mary

No comments: