Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mary Letter - Day 11- Be Still

Do not fret because of the wicked;
   do not be envious of wrongdoers,
for they will soon fade like the grass,
   and wither like the green herb.


Trust in the Lord, and do good;
   so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Commit your way to the Lord;
   trust in him, and he will act.
He will make your vindication shine like the light, and the justice of your cause like the noonday.


Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him; do not fret over those who prosper in their way, over those who carry out evil devices.


Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath.
   Do not fret—it leads only to evil.
For the wicked shall be cut off,
   but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land. Psalm 37:1-9



Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

Today was very quiet. Miriam wouldn't even let me get out of bed. She tended to my wounds, which are small and brought me soup and things to eat all day. There is not much room in my belly these days but she insisted that I eat. She also brought her friend in to visit me. Rachel is one of the women who delivers babies in this village. The two of them made me undress and they examined me. I was so embarrassed! Momma had tried to explain these things to me before I left but I really didn't understand. Now, I think I understand all too well. Yuck! I am not sure I can do this, let alone explain to Joseph what needs to be done if my time come early, before we get home. I am so glad the men were outside working on a project. I still get embarrassed just thinking about it!

The good news is that I am in good shape and nothing of yesterday's trauma seemed to hurt the baby. They want me to be still for a few days to make sure that I am strong enough for the journey ahead. No one knows me here so it is quite lonely. At the same time, these folks are very kind and the village is small and very safe. Miriam has brought me some handwork to help her with. I think she is just trying to keep me busy. After yesterday, I really don't mind. I am very tired and the bed they made for me is very soft. I think I will remember some of the ancient psalms, recite them and fall fast asleep.

much love

Mary


No comments: