Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mary -letter 6 -Let Them Come

People were bringing little children to Jesus in order that he might touch them; and the disciples spoke sternly to them. But when Jesus saw this, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it." And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them.
Mark 10:13-16

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

 Every day there is a new challenge and a new twist. I keep looking for the angels and the hand of God. Sometimes the signals are confusing and people are devils and angels at the same time. Today, Papa and Joseph revealed that they have been hatching a plan. We, as a family, have to go to Bethlehem at some point to deal with the taxes. Papa was going to go with Momma, but now they think it is best if Joseph and I go. The men think it will keep us safe. Momma and I are worried that traveling this late will hurt the baby or, or even both. I am sure God is in charge here but too many days it feels as if we are on our own. I've never gone anywhere without Papa and Momma. I don't want to deliver in a strange city, and I don't think Joseph is ready to handle being a midwife.

This afternoon widow Johanna sent over her little grandchildren. She had told them that I was carrying a very precious child and they wanted to see for themselves. Each one asked to touch my belly. Momma fed them cookies and told them that it was best not to touch, but they were insistent. At this point, how can it hurt? I told Momma to let them come. Each grubby little set of hands touched my belly, each very gentle and each child had tears in their eyes. One little girl started to weep and it made me sad. But then the baby kicked her little round hand and she smiled with joy and began to giggle. Auntie, I really don't understand anything God is doing. But I must admit that everyday is a new revelation. I pray for understanding but mostly I am still feeling completely in the dark.

Love to all

Mary
 

No comments: