Friday, July 11, 2014

It Will Not Return Empty



Seek the Lord while he wills to be found; call upon him when he draws near.
Let the wicked forsake their ways and the evil ones their thoughts; And let them turn to the Lord, and he will have compassion, and to our God, for he will richly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as rain and snow fall from the heavens and return not again, but water the earth, Bringing forth life and giving growth, seed for sowing and bread for eating, So is my word that goes forth from my mouth; it will not return to me empty; But it will accomplish that which I have purposed, and prosper in that for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:6-11

It Will Not Return Empty

Held over  in waiting rooms, bus stations
endless streams of opinions and prognosis
all around seem dry as a the high desert
and healing streams cannot be found.

We wait, holding our breath
fearing that if we hope too much
we will be disappointed andashamed
as if we have life under our control.

The clouds slide across a grey sky
portent and promise move together
we are so afraid of losing love
that we hold it to tight for breath.

The Divine in moving as we wait
sending streams of water to our desert
in the dark blue nighttime when we cry
God is mending our broken hearts.
 

No comments: