Friday, May 30, 2014

Building on the Rock

 
Jesus said, "On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.'
"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell - and great was its fall! Matthew 7:22-27
 
Building On The Rock
 
In times of storm and rapid change
when winds blow and rain pours
when turbulence and terror strike
I am building on the rock.
 
Moving away from one home
packing precious and necessary things
when all seems uncertain and wavering
I am building on the rock.
 
From west to east across a continent
from Pacific north rain forest
to middle Atlantic threats of hurricane
I will be building on the rock.
 
In times of change, loss and grief
overcome by storms and tides too high
as all things seem to be sliding away
I will cling to the rock on which I stand.
 
 
 
 

No comments: