Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Another's Glory


Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it, and he is the judge. Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.” The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.’ Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?” Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple. John 8:50-59

Another's Glory


The mirror is your friend
your only true abiding companion
the light of day is not for warmth
nor night's shadow for introspection.

You live alone among the family
your needs priority, your comfort first
imagining yourself loved and adored
your preen and pose for your fans.

We live for another's joy , another's glory
we serve with constancy and hope
love blossoms where sacrifice is offered
love takes root where no notice is given.

God has given us new words, new language
our hearts and hands make beautiful music
we embrace the stranger, bend to the child
spoon a meal to the dying and clean during the night.

The Divine love authors more joy
as we give love away as we move through shadows
The Creator molds new hearts of forgiveness
compassion and service become our delight.

May God find us in our bending and reaching
our sweating brows crinkled with smiles
may joy be our night and our morning
as we live for others, as we live for God.



No comments: