Saturday, August 25, 2012

Here I Am


Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; and taking food, he was strengthened. For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus. Acts 9:10-19

Here I Am Lord

Looking at the familiar horizon
which will not always be my view
soon another sky another ocean
and you have called me forth.

The road ahead is littered
enemies you wish me to touch
uncompromising family
and you have called me forth.

I would stay in safety
nestled with the old ones
dream familiar dreams of old days
but you have called me forth.

I am here Lord trembling
afraid to step forward afraid
to remain behind
and you have called me beyond.

My heart is racing my eyes tear filled
the goodbyes and the leaving
the wrenching from the beloved
you call me forth and there is more to do.

I will breath your life, your promise
I will listen for your words
in the deep silence of the night
I will go where you lead beyond
to the placed I have been sent.

That the left behind will prosper
this is my prayer my heart ache
in my return my our joy be full
and all the heart ache wiped away.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A sentence that my daughter told me and I take comfort in: "The Will of God will never take you to a place where the Grace of God will not protect you." May this comfort you as it has for me.