Monday, May 9, 2011

At Last


But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.’ The woman said to him, ‘I know that Messiah is coming’ (who is called Christ). ‘When he comes, he will proclaim all things to us.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I am he, the one who is speaking to you.’ John 4:23-26

I have looked all over the globe
turn this sphere back and forth
looking closely peering into the dark ridges
and deep valleys searching, straining
to find a holy place a holy road
to know God.

Across the universe I walked singing
crying carrying beads that kept rhythm
carrying the load of my family my people
those who search for truth and those
who seek the holy.

I stood on the high mountain air
thin breath hard and irregular kneeling
to meet the Creator and I was alone.

I walk the shore toes encompassed by sand
pebbles and shells littered my garments
and the silence brought me high
my solo voice brought me low.

And then I saw a table rusted and broken
filled with the world's outcast, dirty faced
children, adults laughing as one
sharing bread, tears and comfort.

At last, true worshipers
the face of God
at last.

No comments: