Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Angels to Guard You


And he took him to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, for it is written,“‘He will command his angels concerning you,to guard you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up,lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” And when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from him until an opportune time. Luke 4:9-13

Today I take wing to return home. I will finish final packing in a few moments and happily go out to the airport and bid Phoenix goodbye. The House of Bishops meeting has been good and full. And sometimes painful as we made very hard decisions for the welfare of the church. A blessing and a burden. I am aching to be back with my family, with my wonderful congregation, to a community of constancy and support. This community of Bishops is likewise faithful and supportive but we each have our own places and situations and I long for home in a new and profoundly grateful way today. All of our communities need the constant prayer and support of one another, the larger church and the protection of all of the angels. We are all tried, tested and twisted by the world. And God promises to be watching over us and caring for us in every trial and tribulation.

So as I take to wing today, I thank God for the love of family and community. I am grateful for Jesus who went before us all and suffered that we might be made whole and brought home complete. And I give thanks for all the prayer partners, angels, bishops and friends who God's protection for all the beloved.

No comments: