Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rejected


Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:“‘The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; this was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? Matthew 21:42


I am the rubble destroyed left
behind honor songs whining through
nights filled with hope's loss gray
great hole where heart once was.

I am those who you won't see shadows
mysterious needy and silence hunger
a known quantity a regular visitor
hollow and aching for you to see.

I am the child alone on the street shoeless
shuffling humming a memory incantation bringing
forth an image of love the dark taste deep
in a dream sad and aching to sleep.

I am that which was ripped from the beams torn
away shattered and obliterated shards
of lives and love scattered across a city dusted
with hate that strikes from afar.

I am the one you left behind God
leaves no one behind sought me
in a shallow grave and pulled me
from the ruin and waste.

And here I stand holding the world
an orb of blue and green pining for love
spinning for shelter aching to settle
into the arms of God.

No comments: