Thursday, March 18, 2010

Body Parts


But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together. 1 Corinthians 12:24-26

Without You


The things you say sometimes
well get on my nerves
you stand too close and then wander away
you forget the list
and sometimes forget to call
and I am lost without you.

You show up dressed
like you didn't see the invite
and you laugh inappropriately
sing too loud and fall asleep
occasionally when I am crying
and I can't go anywhere without you.

We sit at meetings
off topic you go creating diversions
and missed opportunities
and the tasks go undone
and we all scurry reaching
to hold us together
without you there would be no us.

Our choices in food and friends
random and eclectic
a community of random body parts
and yet a ballet of beauty
when love learns to dance
the whole world is reborn
and we cannot dance without you.

2 comments:

ruascrappinfreak said...

So in love with this did you write it?

mamabishop said...

Yes, I did write it. Everything in the blog I write, unless I attribute it to some one else