Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Does no Wrong


Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:8-10

I have to go take my Mom back home after a protracted stay and after some challenging snow storms. She has been kind and gentle but is aching to be in her own home. I am trying to write my blogs for the next few days and am trying to get the technology to cooperate. Nothing seems to be working and everything is out of sinc. Sometimes in life, this happen. Our best laid plans get laid aside. We have to adapt to circumstances we cannot control. The world spins slightly off its axis for a bit. Love copes with the radical changes of life, despite decline and frustration, love is deep enough to thrive in challenging climates, and changing tides. And yet, it is hard for all of us as human beings, fragile and vulnerable, to face the changes time and tides and winter weather thrust upon us. Loving others teaches me to pray, when I am short on patience and tools to cope.

I ask your prayers as in the next few days there will be some challenges of the normal family variety to face. I want an extra measure of God's grace and patience in my life. For living love calls for a constant adaption, a constant creativity, and constant compassion in the face of frustrations, small and large. And I ask God to help me do no harm, but rather build up those around me whenever possible. In this season of valentines and mushy sentiment, may love be genuine and adequate for the challenges ahead.

No comments: