Friday, January 15, 2010

Traveling Mercies



Very early tomorrow morning, my daughter Emily and I will set out for a trip to Alabama. We are spending four days, guests of the Poarch Band Creeks, participating in the annual Wintertalk. Wintertalk is a time where native leadership from around the Episcopal Church and many of our indigenous friends and partners come together for worship, sharing, learning and renewal. Folks come from many tribes and become one family for a time, laughing and dreaming together. I ask your prayers for safe travel and for a good spirit throughout. As I do not know if I will have access to a computer, I expect that the daily nature of this blog will be interrupted once again. But only briefly. Please know that you are held in prayer across this wide and near distance, and tenderly cared for in the hands of God who has made us each so wonderfully different and yet all one family. Many blessings and much love until we are safe home again.

No comments: