Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Saints


Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go." John 11:44

Once I was lonely afraid
my life was ending without
meaning friends volume or texture all
light was muted filtered
nothing clear crystal bright
but hazy burnt decaying reflections
of life barely lived,

Once I felt trapped by gray
illness the definition tasteless food
the recommendation life without spice
or flavor I was bland and fading fast.

Once I was locked in a stone rolled
where my heart once was calling me
you were calling me Lazarus muffled
your words animating my bead heart.

Once I was Lazarus stinking and decaying
bound by life and death caught between
two worlds and you called me by name.

Now I am Lazarus the once revolting
now washed clean Lazarus raised
Lazarus returned Lazarus pitied no more.

No comments: