Friday, October 9, 2009

Yes, Lord


When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” Then he touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith be it done to you.” And their eyes were opened. Matthew 9:28-30

Yes Lord
We all see things differently
same words bounce wide for some hit
home for others and we blind
lame awkward and afraid come
to you.

Yes Lord we took
the wrong path and we wandered light
slipping away darkness and shadow
our comfort and shame we limped
in the shelter of the trees praying
for a sliver of light.

Yes Lord we got distracted like
attention deficit children sparkling tinsel
reflecting sequins took our attention
laughing we followed bobble and shimmers
and then we were alone.

Yes Lord we are on the road with you
whether we can see or not
whether we can hear or not
whether we can speak or not
Yes Lord, you are with us.

Yes Lord if I get to speak if
I ever make it home if I
can walk and see again well then
I will tell them all the story shout
it from my porch and sing loud
in the night time, Yes Lord.

No comments: