Sunday, August 23, 2009

To whom can we go?


"Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
John 6:68-69


I wasn't able to write my blog yesterday, or do much else for that matter. We had a big family event for which I had some major responsibility. My aunt Kay and her beau Dirk were married yesterday in a lovely ceremony and gathering which took place at a wonderful church in Queens. I had the privilege of performing the ceremony for a woman for whom I had been her flower girl many years before. Kay had lost her husband many years ago and has been single for a long time. Love in full bloom in one's later years is always a miracle, always a delight. All of yesterday was a wonderful celebration and friends and family came from all over to share in this wonderful event. When love comes - where else can you want to be? Their demonstration of love and God's presence and blessing in their life is something everyone wanted to celebrate and participate in. Like the disciples, there was no place else to be. When God's presence and love are known, where else can we go? When the miracle of love happens for two dear people, how can we not celebrate and shout for joy!

I pray that I might be a living demonstration of the power of God's love in my life. I am not a planner, and things don't always work out the way I have hoped. And today, I want to rejoice in the power of God's love in my life which always takes me right where I need to be and shows me love in every age, every circumstance and every moment.

No comments: