Thursday, January 1, 2009

Treasuring

But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19

On this New Year's Day, I plan to treasure the loved ones I have around me. 2008 was a challenging year. There were many bumps along the way and there were times when it was easy to be frustrated or sad. Every year has that capacity. My goal for this year is to treasure the people and the love that I have in my life. The words and expressions of God's love in my life made flesh and real. God is with us. May we all take today to treasure and ponder the wonderful, incredible love that surrounds us. My children (two of our girls, at least) are with us today and I plan to treasure and enjoy every minute with them. I will call Ariel and tell her how I treasure her.

If you are alone this day, or surrounded by family, I encourage us all to do like Mary. To treasure the moments, the experiences we have. To ponder them, pray about them and offer them to God for insight. God has given each of us an abundance of relationships in which to see the face of Christ and touch the heart of God. May we all treasure these and know that God is truly near today. Happy New Year!

No comments: