Thursday, June 5, 2008

Walking Together


"The one who thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and has human approval. Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding." Romans 14:18-19

I have been blessed to be asked to assist Bishop Michael Smith in the Diocese of North Dakota. I will walk with them as they listen to God and one another concerning some very critical issues facing the Church. We will walk and pray and talk from some very different places, and yet, in this model of sharing together, I hope that we be the agents of peacemaking and the building of faithful people everywhere.

I am reminded that small steps begin a long journey. The incarnate, indwelling God, takes these small steps with us so that through our witness the world might be transformed. We are never alone or without resources, if we are willing to work for Christ and to walk with one another. I invite you today to pray for the Diocese of North Dakota, the people of the Episcopal Church, the Anglican Communion and all who are faithfully struggling to follow Christ. We do not know where this walking together will lead, we can only trust that God knows.

4 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

Good for you, and good for Bishop Smith. Blessings to you and the diocese!

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I saw the news at Episcopal Cafe---what a wonderful thing! There are so many days when I despair over what goes on in the Church "in Jesus' name," but this is a day to rejoice.

May God bless you, Bishop Smith, and all the good people in the Diocese of North Dakota.

Pax,
Doxy

Anonymous said...

+Carol,

Glad to hear your news! You were a gift to the Diocese of Newark during your time here, and I'm sure you'll be a gift to North Dakota as well.

Blessings,
Vicki McGrath+

Robert Zacher said...

Hey Carol, what an interesting and small world this is! Put on your thinking cap - or mitre - and take a trip with me down memory lane back to EDS. For a brief while you and I were both students there. I was in the class ahead of you, but you may well remember the name Robert Zacher.

I've been out here in North Dakota living in Fargo for over eight years now, and it will be my great pleasure to welcome you when you appear. Please do get in touch with me through Gethsemane Cathedral and the dean. I want to be on hand with the brass band to give you a proper welcome. I'm listed in the phone book as well.

Kind regards,

Robert