Monday, March 10, 2008

Jesus Coming Soon

Some days the sunshine is a wonderful blessing enough to get me through that day. Other days, I want more, I want Jesus to come and straighten out the whole mess we're in. But today, I found out that Jesus comes in the midst of strangers becoming friends and old friends becoming angels and miracle workers. I am always touched when someone reaches out a hand to another, but today, I felt that touch over and over. In conversation and in gesture, God's love was abundantly evident. I don't know when Jesus is coming, but I am glad that today I had many glimpses of the reign of God.

May we all be lifted up by sunshine and by the radiant smiles of children around us. May laughter encircle us, may a loving touch, a warm gesture remind us all that God is so very near.

No comments: